Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Update / Misc. Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Ours seemed to fly by but we had a great one!  Here's my 
wrap-up plus randoms thrown in!

1.  Friday was a fun mail day!  I opened the mail box to find 4 packages!  Not sure how he crammed them all in there but he found a way!  Here are 3/4 of the goodies we received!  The fourth was balloons for L's one year bday party (which took almost 2 months to get here...yeah not happy) which will be revealed after her party!


Leightyn received a book in the mail!

Here's the headband from The Vintage Bow Boutique that 
was a giveaway from On a Sunday Afternoon


My first Julep box came in!  Read here for my "I'm not so sure" review.



2.  Friday night Shawn and I had a date night with our great friends Allie & Evan!  We went to Studio Movie Grill and were planning on seeing The Campaign but it was sold out so we ended up seeing The Watch.  It was pretty funny & better than we expected!


3.  Saturdays for us usually consist of waking up and going to run errands, grocery shop, roam, etc.  This Saturday was a little calmer than usual which was really nice!  Leightyn took a long morning nap (my poor teething bug) so we didn't end up leaving the house until around 1:30 pm.  We went to Whole Foods & then to North Park Mall.  We can officially tell people now that you can not find whole wheat pasta anywhere at the mall except for Maggianos!  Wouldn't you think that these days restaurants would be more accommodating to those who 
choose to eat healthy or have to eat a certain way due to medical reasons!?!  

4.  Sunday we went to church & then Shawn spent the afternoon catching up with friends he grew up with.  L & I lounged around the house while he was out & then she took a nice 2 hr nap & let me relax!  Sunday evening I went and got a spray tan at Palm Beach tan.  Eek!!  All I could think about the entire time was the Friend's episode!!  "I'm an EIGHT?!?!"!  If you haven't seen it you HAVE to watch the clip below!!  As far as the experience went, it was def. better than 5 yrs ago when I got one & was super-de-duperdy orange!  She said to do a medium, assessing now I'd say I should've done a light!  I ended up getting in the shower & rinsing off after 3.5 hrs because I could already see the color so I think that was my lifesaver (thank you Allie)!  I really hope that Shawn's not lying to me by telling me it looks good!  Guess we'll see how many people stare at me when I step into public today!  I'll be going to see my mom so I can count on her to tell me the truth!  Regardless, I will do a blog post about my recs for a successful spray tan!  I may even have Allie guest post about it if I can convince her to revive her blog (hint...hint!!)!! 


Hope you all had a great weekend & have a wonderful Monday!!  Please let me know you stopped by!  
I L.O.V.E. comments! 






7 comments:

  1. Ugh, so jealous of your movie going experience. I would love to get out and do that soon. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love julep! sounds like an awesome weekend!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good mail day indeed! Sounds like a pretty great weekend. Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, I have had these orange sprays before unfortunately. They would put color to dark and I would panic and take a shower just like you a few hours later. Im sure you look fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember the time I made you come with me to get a spray tan before whatever high school dance that was? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to do a guest post!!! And... Blog revived!!! Thanks for the shout out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun mail day! I got an orange spray tan about five years ago too. I Mystic regularly now and am so thankful that they figured it out! I always go level one and clear though. Maybe that helps?

    Stopping by (a little late) from the linkup! :)

    Christina at Easily Entertained

    ReplyDelete