Friday, August 17, 2012

H54F!

Monday we went to visit my mom at her work and L had some play time!  As she was exploring she discovered the baby dolls & crib & was in love!  She crawled all over with a baby and was not letting go!  As soon as we left I called Shawn & told him I needed to go get her her first baby doll pronto!  I had a coupon (of course!) to Toys-R-Us so we started our search there.  Can I just say, it is absurd how many baby dolls "do things" now!  No, I do not want a baby doll who cries, pottys, smiles, coos, sucks on a pacy, etc!  I just want a plain jane baby please!  They were a no go but we did snag this super cute spongebob potato-head for $5!  She loves potato-head & if she ends up not caring for this then it will be great for my kiddos at school!  Yep...I get paid to play with Mr. Potato Head with my kiddos!  My job rocks!


We went to Target afterwards because you can always count on good ole' Tarjay & sure enough they had the baby of her dreams there!  The cutest part was one of the first things she did was rip off the headband and throw it on the floor!  She hates wearing headbands so there's no way one of her babies is going to wear one!

(don't judge the way my child is sitting in the cart!  it was either this or melt-down so I chose this!)

Tuesday we went & met Shawn for lunch at Cafe Express!  It was delicious!  It was so refreshing to find a place that we could eat at and stick to our Advocare Challenge list!  We had whole wheat penne with spicy italian turkey sausage!  So good!!



Wednesday Leightyn & I met Allie & her mom at a cute little tea room in Richardson!  We had a delicious lunch & had a lot of fun chit-chatting!  L was great despite her lack of morning nap so I was super proud of her!  Afterwards, Allie & I went to pick up our Advocare orders.



Thursday L & I met my mom for lunch at Houlihans.  I had a free app coupon so we got edamame and then split a bunless veggie black-bean burger!  I pushed mom out of her comfort zone and had her try the burger & it was a success!  Will she crave it...no....but hey she liked it!!  

And here we are....Friday!  I just got home from my first day back at school!  I'm blessed to have a job where I get summer's off with my baby but I can def. say that summer ending/going back to school is a lot harder as an adult than as a kid!  It was a great day & I love the people I work with so I am truly blessed!



3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of her holding the dog in the box!!! That expression is ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!! Please let us baby sit one night!!! Please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog ( Love This Life ) I'm following you back now :)

    ReplyDelete