Friday, May 20, 2011

21 Weeks



how far along? 21 weeks

size of baby? a banana!

sleep? Since I got sick I have slept like a baby and it's been so nice to not toss and turn so much!

best moment this week? when I finally started to feel better!

movement? I'm starting to think so......when I lay down very still I am starting to feel "different" movements off and on. I can't wait to feel kicks and get to share that with Shawn!

food cravings? Nothing lately since I've been sick

what I'm looking forward to: we didn't get to go to our 3D/4D sonogram this week since I was sick so on Monday night we are going to go to the same place and get a 2D sonogram. I don't have enough fluids built back up in me to get a 3D sonogram since I was dehydrated and we really want to see her and get some more images so we are going to get a 2D for now and then wait until she's further along to get our 3D

how are you feeling?
It's been an experience that's for sure! Sunday afternoon I was watching TV with Shawn and started to feel strange around 3 p.m. He went over to my parents to pick up food and all of a sudden I was throwing up like I've never thrown up before. I couldn't keep any liquids down at all so around 9:00 I ended up calling my doctor and he called me in a prescription. I wasn't able to stop throwing up until 5 a.m. Monday morning. I started to run a fever Monday afternoon so my doctor said to keep trying liquids as much as possible and to check-in Tuesday morning. Shawn was forcing me to drink gatorade all Monday but I was still feeling bad so my doctor decided to send me to the hospital on Tuesday so he could monitor me. We had such a sweet nurse at the hospital who took great care of us! They gave me an entire bag of IV fluids and ran my bloodwork. Then they gave me an antibiotic through IV and about 1/2 bag of IV fluids with potassium based on my labs. I checked in around 11:30 and I was released at 5:30.

shawn's best moment this week?
"Going to our 20 week check-up & getting to see our baby move around so much and getting to hear how healthy they're growing to be! And that momma's starting to feel better!"

what I'm thankful for: having a healthy 20 week doctor's appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment