Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend Update!

This was a fabulous weekend!  I really enjoyed our time together and am thankful for the three day weekend we had!  I'm also definitely looking forward to a four day work week!  Friday turned out to be a great day!  I had a good day at work & Shawn was surprisingly able to get off of work early so we had a family-filled evening!  It was perfect because he had to work late all week so he had limited time with us.

Here are my two cuties being silly!



Saturday morning I had girl-time with my two sweet friends, Allie (who you'll be meeting in a guest post on Tuesday) & Shana!  We started with a pedi which was heavenly and had lunch at Chipotle!  Then we snuck in some shopping at Ulta & Charming Charlie's!  Shana hadn't been to either of those so we had to introduce her to both of those spend all your money awesome stores!

Our purple-themed pedis!

 (I have the bling sandal of course!)



I got a steal on this Zoya nail polish at Ulta!  On clearance for $2.99!  I've been wanting to try Zoya polish and I have to say that I was really impressed!  Here's my Baylor mani (olive green Zoya pictured)!  Sic'Em!



Shawn had to work most of Saturday so when he got home we piddled around the house & got a few things done.  Then I went and got my spray tan and brought dinner home.  Side note - In Sept. Subway has $5 footlongs (that he & I split) so it makes for a cheap dinner!

Sunday we went to church, sporting our Baylor clothing, of course!  Here's my baby girl at last year's first game of the season & this year's!



We dropped L off at my parents after lunch & we were off to Waco for the Baylor football game vs SMU!  We had originally planned on watching it at my parents house with my cousins who attend SMU but Allie texted on Thursday saying that her friend had two tickets for sale to the game so we were in!



It's always fun going back to Waco!  It holds a special place in my heart and I always forget how much I love it until we visit!  We stopped in Spice of course!  An absolute must when you're in or passing through Waco and then we ate at La Fiesta (one of our favorite restaurants in Waco).




I had a great day date with Shawn & the football game was a ton of fun!  It was awesome getting to see Baylor win their first game of the season!  It was scorching hot & we started off in the middle of SMU's crowd (an interesting experience to say the least!) but quickly made our way over to the BU section!  I got to see my friend Kristen (who you'll be meeting in a guest post this month) who was in town from San Antonio for the game!  We have known each other since third grade and were roommates at Baylor our freshman year!  It was great getting to see her & catch-up!




Monday we were around the house in the morning and ended up going to a late lunch at Macaroni Grill!  We had a B1G1 coupon so we got a great deal!  We chose to sit on the patio because there was great shade & a breeze!  L loves her a patio and we were the only ones out there so it was perfect!  


Afterwards we went grocery shopping, dropped off groceries, & were off to Buy Buy Baby.  We needed to buy a big-girl carseat for one of our cars so that we wouldn't have to leave her carrier at daycare each day.  We ended up geting a steal on the cow print Britax...adorable!!  Shawn decided that print was going in my car so fine with me!!  She's going to look precious!  The rest of the evening was spent at home enjoying family time!  I am truly, truly blessed!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a great Tuesday!!
~Britt  


3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from your guest post over at "Monkeys and Tutus" - newest follower. Looking forward to more posts! way to go on your first guest post...and your family is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we need a girls trip to Waco... Maybe a San Marcos outlet trip??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ate at La Fiesta?! I'm so jealous right now.... :)

    ReplyDelete