Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One letter to Leightyn

Leightyn~
It's hard to believe this time last year I woke-up with a huge headache and swollen feet (as they had been for a while!) and called the doctor.  The nurse told me to go ahead and head into the hospital because that was a major sign my blood pressure was too high.  BeBee and I were packing my bag (surprise your mom hadn't done that yet!) in hopes that this would be the day!  We called your dad and he was in a meeting but was going to be there as soon as he could.  Once at the hospital, the nurse told me in no time that she was pretty sure Dr. Trostel was going to induce me and that you'd be in my arms soon!  It was surreal to think that I was finally going to meet you!  After all the various trips to the hospital throughout my pregnancy and this was the final one where I would finally get to see my beautiful bundle of joy!  Your dad got there and passed Dr. Trostel in the hallway where he excitedly heard him say, "you're having a baby today"!  I think Dr. Trostel was just as excited for me to have you since I had been such a load for him! ;)  I was induced and everything was smooth sailing from there.  The epidural wasn't anything compared to what my fear of it was and I was never in that much pain.  Side note, when you have a baby one day, tell the nurse you want your epidural as soon as possible because that worked like a charm for me!

Your three grandparents waited the entire night for your arrival!  Your dad and I slept off and on (he did more than I did surprise-surprise)!  It was almost time for your arrival and we couldn't have been happier!  Once we heard you scream (loudly of course!  you couldn't arrive in any other fashion!) we were in love!  Your mommy's first question was, "it's a girl right"!?  At one point they said you were a boy so I was always afraid that we had a pink room ready for a baby boy!  Holding you in my arms for the first time is indescribable!  Your dad and I had alone time with just the three of us and soaked every moment of it up, with lots of pictures of course!








We love you sweet girl and can't wait to celebrate the beautiful year we've had with you!

1 comment: