Monday, July 30, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday!


It's my second week to participate in the Miscellaneous Monday link-up & I'm excited!


1.  Cleanse - we have a small little family team gearing up to start an Advocare cleanse tomorrow (Tues. 7/31)!  We all have the same goal: lose weight & obtain a healthier lifestyle!!  Shawn, my mom, my father-in-law, and I have no idea what we're getting into but we're ready to find out!



2.  Advocare - Shawn & I are now distributors!  I will be honest & say the main reason we signed up was to obtain the discount on the products we are using for the cleanse but we are also serious about sharing our success story post-cleanse & products we love with those we know & love!



3.  Vegetables - Oh we have a love/hate....mainly hate....relationship!  I have always been a picky eater but have really attempted to expand my veggie likes the older I get.  My goal this week is to eat and hopefully like enough to continue to eat asparagus.  I am a little very scared but here we go!

4.  Turkey Burgers - I put my big-girl pants on this weekend and tried a veggie burger!  We had Shawn's free birthday burger at Red Robin still available so we sucked it up and sacrificed our delicious beef burger to go for the turkey burger!  Shockingly we liked it!  I honestly felt like I was eating a grilled chicken sandwich which brings up a whole other issue for me but in the end it was good!

5.  Veggie Burgers - We have a purely hate relationship as of right now!  In college I tried a Boca burger and got so sick from it!  My guess was it shocked my system because I probably had never even considered trying to eat the veggies that were in it!  Per the encouragement of my FB friends on my status over the weekend I once again am putting on my big-girl pants & trying them!

6.  New York - My BFF Ashley is moving to New York this weekend!  I'm super excited for her & her new adventures but am going to miss her!  Ashley I love you oodles and am so proud of you for going up there & accomplishing your dreams!!



7.  School Supplies - One of our Church missions recently was purchasing supplies for children in need at a local school.  This school is in the same district that I'm a SLP for and that I grew up going to school in.  Let me say, shopping for school supplies is a pain now!!  I LOVE supplies and have an addiction to pens, spirals, & basically anything you can get from an office supply store!  When I walk into an office supply store I hear the angels singing!  Back to the supply list....I know that our supplies list was not as complicated growing up as it is now!  They are so name brand & quantity-specific it's absurd!  I totally understand needing to identify name brands because parents would automatically go with the cheap-o's and teachers would be stuck buying the replacements but as a shopper it was exhausting!  Also, 200 count notebook paper does not exist around here, only 150 count people!  I think their secret plan all along was to goof-up on quantities so they could get more supplies but that's just me being paranoid as a Big Brother fan!!  :0)



8.  The Olympics - I've really enjoyed watching the Olympics so far!  It causes quite the challenge going to bed though because they always start the events I want to watch when it's bedtime!!  I really like hearing the background story of all the athletes & cannot imagine all that their families have sacrificed to make their dream's come true!  (I can somewhat imagine thanks to my love for Make it or Break it on ABC Family!!)  My favorite event is gymnastics with swimming/diving following close behind!



9.  Target Red Card Debit Card - If you don't have one people go get one!!  It's NOT a credit card it's a DEBIT card linked to your checking account!  It saves you 5% on everything, even Starbucks inside Target!  Why would you not get one??  At the bottom of the receipt it tells you how much money you've saved with your 5% discount and currently this year we've saved $104!  That's $104 that we would have spent if we used our regular debit card instead of our red card debit card!  Btw - that shows our unhealthy love of all things TARGET!!  I think we need stock in that place as much money as we spend there!



10.  Moose & Squirrel - Shawn recently gave the nicknames, moose & squirrel, to our two dogs & let me say it totally fits them!!  We have Baylee, a lab/golden retriever puppy (aka "Moose"), and Paisley (aka "Squirrel") a papillion!  Talk about a size difference!  Moose has no clue as to how big she's getting and is convinced she's Squirrel's size!  Love those two babies!!



Come join us & link-up here!

and here!


and here!


11 comments:

  1. I love the Moose & Squirrel nicknames! Your dogs are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so getting the Target debit card, I have an unhealthy addiction also. Thanks for following my blog. Im following you back. Cheerio have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. moose and squirrel are so cute. thanks for telling us about the Target debit card awesome. So good luck with your new cleanse. I still haven't been brave enough to try a turkey burger. I bet the bocco burger did shock your system. pinterest has a lot of good aspargus recipes I know alot of my friends wrap it in bacon. have a great day cute blog by the way
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Target Debit Card! At first I forgot to use it, but now I remember all too often. Ha!

    I also take my own shopping bags in, and for every bag plastic bag they don't have to use you get $.05 back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do the bags too!! I forgot about that! Also, love their online & text coupons because you can pair a manufacturer coupon with them too!!

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! So cute~* Thanks for stopping by my corner of the internets!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following my blog, and I'm so glad you did because we have some stuff in common! I'm an SLP too (maybe you saw that) and obviously the mom thing can bond anybody. :) I eat a plant-based diet so if you ever want good recipes for vegetables or veggie burgers let me know. Boca burgers are gross and highly processed so I'm not surprised you weren't a fan. Keep eating the new vegetables you try. Don't give up after just one time because it takes time to develop new tastes. I forced down kale for a while because I knew how nutritious it was, and now I love kale and eat it every day. Asparagus is good roasted in the oven with a little oil, salt and pepper, and maybe lemon zest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so neat that you're a SLP too! :) I would love recipes!! I love cooking so that would be awesome! My father-in-law's (he's doing the cleanse too) birthday is Sunday & I'm needing a good recipe idea as a substitute for his bday cake! I was thinking fruit based but do you have any fun ways to spruce it up?!

      Delete
  7. Love the Olympics! I"m going to have a hard time sleeping the next two weeks! It's just not the same watching some of the stuff on DVR after the fact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way with the olympics. It's really cool to get to know all of their stories and how they got there. What I wonder though is how do olympians make money? The olympics is only 10 days every four years... do they have to have jobs too? Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo I made the blog! :)
    Love you best friend!!

    ReplyDelete