Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crockin' Girl's Recipe Review

I absolutely LOVE the Crockin' Girls crockpot recipe's!  They are delicious, easy, and healthy (mostly)!  I love using the crockpot!  It keeps your house cool (wonderful for Texas summers!), takes minimal effort, and makes your house smell delicious all day!  I also feel like I get to enjoy the meal a little more than one I've cooked on the stove!  Since I've tried several of their recipes I thought I would share the ones I've made recently and my thoughts/suggestions on them!

1.  Chicken in a Hurry - this recipe was SO yummy!!  We shredded it and ate it on Chicken Express rolls (and cue the drooling!).  Best part was I actually had everything in the pantry already!  It was really good as leftovers too (that says a lot since I'm not a major fan of leftovers)!  I paired it with Pioneer Woman's Fresh Corn with Wild Rice.

2.  Pepper Steak - This recipe was good but I would definitely change it up slightly next time.  When we ate it we found it did not have as much flavor as we would have wanted/expected but once we coated it in fresh-cracked pepper it tasted really good!  So we decided that the next time we made it we would coat the meat in pepper before we put it in the crockpot so it could soak up that flavor while it cooked!  I paired this with a box of wild rice and rolls.

3.  Donna's Brownies - I know what you're thinking.....brownies in a crockpot??  They actually turned out yummy!  I ended up commenting on their blog that I was a little puzzled why you'd make them in a crockpot when the prep-time was exactly the same as if you were going to cook them in the oven & they ended up responding to me!  Yep, that excited me just a little bit!  ;)  After reading their response it makes a lot more sense to me why you would make them in the crockpot!  Here's their response:  Hey Brittany, we like to crock our brownies in the slow cooker for several reasons. In this Texas heat, we do our best to keep the oven OFF! Adding heat to our kitchen isn’t something we are looking to do, at all! Also, when crockin’ desserts there is no need to be tethered to the kitchen. We love that we can go to dinner and return home to a homemade dessert, take the kids to the park, just play outside, and so much more. There’s definitely a time and need for fast cooking brownies, but slow cookin’ has its place, too! Thanks for crockin’ with us!


Those are the three recipes for today but stay tuned because I've got more planned out to try & I'll be back to let you know how they turn-out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment