Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Apple Cake from Lauren ~ Check out Fizz and Frosting!

Hi, y’all! I’m Lauren, the blogger behind Fizz and Frosting, where I chat about fashion, food, and everyday life. One of my favorite fall activities is apple picking, and my husband and I were lucky enough to head to the mountains over the weekend. We had a blast, but as usual, we ended up with way too many apples.


The solution? Apple cake! 




Ingredients: 

4 cups of chopped apples (2-3 apples; I prefer Granny Smith) 
½ cup chopped walnuts 
2 cups granulated sugar 
2 cups flour 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
1 teaspoon salt 
2 eggs 
½ cup vegetable oil 
1 tablespoon butter 

Prep by oiling a 9 by 13 inch pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside. 

Chop the apples and combine with sugar in a separate bowl. 



In another (large) bowl, beat the eggs, and stir in the oil and vanilla until well mixed. Then add in the sugar and apples. Once stirred, slowly add in the dry ingredients followed by the nuts. 



Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with a tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste. Put the cake back in the over for an additional 10 minutes. 

Enjoy as dessert or even as a breakfast cake! (No judgment here!) 


Be sure to stop by Fizz and Frosting and say hello. I’d love to hear all about your favorite fresh apple recipes! Thank you Brittany for allowing me to take over your blog for the day! 
You’re as sweet as apple pie cake! ;)


3 comments:

  1. this looks sensational! i am not a huge apple person but lately i've been into recipes such as this! going to bookmark it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete