Monday, August 1, 2011

31 Weeks




How far along? 31 weeks

Size of baby? A squash! she weighed 3 lbs 11 oz at our 29.5 wk sono & is still measuring 2 wks ahead

Sleep? This is the first week where I'm having trouble initially falling asleep due to pain & restless legs & arms. Shawn is usually up with me for at least 30 mins trying to find a position that I can get comfortable in and then rubbing my back, stomach, or arms - whatever is hurting the most at the time! Once I fall asleep I'm waking up around 1 am to go to the bathroom, finally falling back asleep & waking up around 3:30 to do the same all over again. I'm actually appreciating my pain happening at the beginning of the night because it's allowing me to get more consecutive hours of sleep - never thought I'd be so happy about getting 2-3 hrs sleep at one time!!

Best moment this week? Having our first baby shower at Shawn's work! It was so much fun and we are so thankful for everything they did for us!! We are both truly blessed with amazing places and people to work for.

Movement? She's still moving and grooving....and cramming her precious foot into my ribs!! :). Dr. Trostel couldn't believe how much she was moving around during my sono on Monday! He kept commenting "no wonder you're in so much pain!" but she's totally worth it!!

Food cravings? Water with a ton of ice! S'mores for dessert still taste delicious!

What I'm looking forward to: Right now I'm honestly going day-to-day & looking for something/anything to make me smile to get me through the day! Looking at Leight's 3D pics helps a lot!! I'm also looking forward to making a final decision about work because that's giving me a lot of stress/anxiety.

How are you feeling? I've been in a lot of pain this past week. It started last Thursday but I was holding out as long as I could since I had an appt on Tuesday and my dr was on vacation. I ended up having to call Monday morning & they had me come in that afternoon for a sonogram. It was a good appointment in the sense that Leightyn is great & Dr. Trostel couldn't believe how much she was moving around - which he said accounted for a lot of my pain increase that week but it was also an incredibly frustrating appointment because it left me feeling helpless. I have grown accustomed to hearing "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do for you, this is unfortunately how it's going to be the remainder of your pregnancy" from my dr but that is honestly the last thing I wanted or needed to hear on Monday! If only he could have found a way to reword that statement, I would have felt better! ;) So I made my appt for 2 weeks and got out to the car and called Shawn and cried when I updated him & then cried some more when I updated mom! They were tears of pure frustration, exhaustion, confusion, and more frustration! They've both been wonderful at giving me words of affirmation through all this and words of encouragement, especially on days when I can't see it.

Shawn's best moment this week? "Its been amazing seeing even more motherly qualities in Britt & it makes me excited to start the journey of parenthood with her!"

What I'm thankful for: Having a wonderful husband who has endless patience with me! He's always trying to make me as comfortable as possible, offering encouraging words, & trying to comfort me as much as possible! Even though I may not appear to appreciate it at the time, I truly do & it really does make a difference, so thank you honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment