This past week I was able to travel with Shawn to California on his business trip. This was the first time that he's gone during the summer to where I've been able to go with him! We had a great time and I'm so thankful that I got to go with him! We had to be at the airport early Monday morning to catch our flight. We left our house at 4:30 a.m. which meant we had to get up at 3:30! Unfortunately I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get comfortable again so I was up until we went to bed Monday night! We had a lay-over in Vegas which ended up being a blessing for several reasons. First of all, my dr had cleared me for flying but said I needed to make sure to get up & stretch my legs halfway through. I'm not one to like to get out of my seat when flying so I was personally dreading this. Luckily with a lay-over I didn't have to worry about getting up during the flight! Another reason we were so thankful to have a layover was because our first plane did not have personal air vents! I've never been on a plane that didn't have vents & we were on the very last row in the plane & it was burning up! Halfway through the flight I started to feel so sick because I was so hot and had my drink and Shawn's drink on my neck & face - I'm sure we were quite a sight! Luckily the rest of our flights had vents so I was comfortable. I found out that turbulence is amplified when you're pregnant. I'm pretty sure Leightyn had her arms in the air saying "weeee" during some of the bumps on the flights! :) On our flight from Vegas to LA we had our first celebrity sighting. A guy walked past us to go to the bathroom and Shawn says "you don't know who that was do you?" & he ends up telling me it was Polly Shore. I didn't recognize the name but I did recognize his face after I googled him.
When we landed on Monday we went straight to get our rental car & head to the Pizza Hut studio. It was a lot of fun to get to see where Shawn is every time he goes on a photo shoot! We had lunch there and then I hung out & read while he worked. That evening we went to eat at Koi. It's an upscale Sushi restaurant in Hollywood. Since I was pregnant I couldn't partake in what everyone else was eating (luckily!) but I did have some delicious chicken! We were exhausted when we got to our hotel and went straight to sleep. We were blessed & got to stay at Shutters in Santa Monica. It's beautiful and so relaxing!!


On Tuesday I relaxed for a little after Shawn left for work. Then I went to explore the shopping areas in Santa Monica! It ended up being a little farther than this pregnant girl was expecting! Plus, our hotel is at the bottom of the hill so just the first few minutes were enough to make me want to pass out! ;) However, I powered through the walk & made it almost 2 miles later! The outdoor mall was a lot of fun, especially with it being in the 60's all day! After roaming some stores and eating lunch, I went back to the hotel to layout by the pool. I loved the sun deck! It was overlooking the ocean and was SO peaceful & relaxing!
Tuesday night Shawn & I went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant located on the roof of the outdoor mall. The food was very good but it was definitely different from Texas Mexican food! This seemed a little more bland & we noticed the difference between the portion sizes compared to Texas portions! We were definitely "tourists" and loved the parking garage system that they had! It was genius! It's an electronic system that lets you know if there's a spot available on that row. It makes it so much easier to find a spot! All you have to do is go to the entrance of the row & if you see a green light then you've found a spot but if they're all red then you go to the next row! You'd think Baylor would have this system with all of the tuition money that we paid! Sure would have saved a lot of time instead of having to drive row by row!
Wednesday morning I relaxed at the hotel because I was so tired from all my walking the day before. Around lunch time I decided to go to the pier & get a hamburger from a cafe that I found online. I got on the elevator (we were staying on the 7th floor) & it stopped on the 6th floor. When the doors opened who did I see??!! Dana Delany!! It was just the 2 of us on the elevator!! She was wearing workout clothes, no makeup, & black reading glasses & she was the cutest thing ever!! It was obvious that she was not in the mood to talk so I didn't say anything! As soon as the doors opened & she saw someone was on the elevator she immediately looked at the ground & never looked up! All I could do was smile & thing OMG in my head! :) At the hotel you have to take 1 elevator and then walk across by the pool to another elevator to head to the lobby so I got to ride with her twice! That afternoon I had a delicious burger & fries (my #1 pregnancy craving) and then headed back to the hotel to lay-out. When I got back to my room it was being cleaned so I had to go wait out by the pool in my jeans & short-sleeve shirt. Of course the sun decided to come out for the first time all week & blast me with it's power leaving a lovely farmers tan! :( Once I was able to put on my bathing suit the sun went away & I was unable to even out my tan! That evening Shawn & I went to the Promenade & shopped. I experienced shopping at H&M for the first time! I really liked it but it's not too much fun when you're pregnant so I didn't find anything but Shawn did! :) Afterwards we went back to the outdoor mall & ate on the roof again at a pizza place. It was delicious!!
Thursday morning I went to Cora's Cafe & had a delicious bagel! I continued my walking and shopping & made a few purchases! Then I went to the Pier and explored it. It was very busy & the hills to get back to the hotel from the Pier were insane! For lunch I had a corny dog & lemonade at the Pier - it was good but no comparison to the State Fair's corn dogs!! That afternoon I went back out by the pool and soaked up the sun whenever it peeked out from the clouds. Thursday evening Shawn & I drove around sightseeing. We went to explore Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, & Sunset Blvd. It was neat to see but it was so chaotic that I had no desire to get out & walk around - plus my legs were sore from all my walking during the day!
Here are some pictures from the pier. It was very overcast that afternoon!
Friday morning Shawn & I got up early and went to breakfast together. He went off to work and I relaxed at the hotel. I started to feel gross and I knew I had overdone it the day before & pretty much the whole week! I was back to a low-grade fever and no energy so I ordered myself to no walking that afternoon! I continued to feel bad that day but decided to go down to the pool and get some fresh air & french fries! The sun decided to come out for the longest it had all week & was gorgeous.....however, it made me feel even worse so as soon as I was done eating I had to go back in :( Shawn's photo shoot wrapped early that day so he was back at the hotel with me. We ended up laying in bed all evening and watching Netflix. I felt so bad and was really trying to get as much rest as possible so I could feel better for our flights the next day!
Saturday morning we got up early, luckily not as early as Monday morning, to catch our flights home. We landed at 4:30 & our bags took forever. We finally got out of the airport by 5 pm & had to head straight to church. Our Life Group moved to Saturdays & this was our first week so it was important to us to be there. We made it on time & enjoyed church that evening. Afterwards we all went out to Olive Garden for dinner. We didn't get home until almost 11 pm and were exhausted! Paisley was SO excited to see us & we were thrilled to see her! We woke Kallie up so she didn't have that much excitement to see us but enjoyed her snuggle time!
Overall we had an excellent BabyMoon to California and it was such a blessing to get to go together & spend time with each other!
No comments:
Post a Comment